Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Jatin K

Default Allow telnet to only one IP using host.deny or host.allow

Dear All,

I want to allow telnet in my server from local LAN from only one IP
address, to fulfill the requirement what should I do from the following

[1] add an entry in /etc/host.allow like following

telnetd : xx.xx.xx.xx

or

[2] add an entry in /etc/host.deny like following

telnet : ALL except xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

[3] or simply create a iptables rule to allow telnet from desired IP

what is the best option to go through ???

/(_)
^ ^ Jatin Khatri
Registerd Linux user No #501175
www.counter.li.org
No M$

Old 10-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Tim

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 18:09 +0530, Jatin K wrote:
> what is the best option to go through ???

Well, you could do both. Allow/deny and iptables. That way, if you
have to fiddle with one, the other is still there.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.