Old 09-30-2010, 04:02 PM

Default missing command

If this comes across as a newbie question...I apologize. i simply don't know the answer. I recently installed Fedora 13. I'm used to using "wget" and "GET". When trying to run a few of my old scripts I found that "wget" and "GET" were not installed. I was able to install "wget" by using "yum install wget". This does not work with "GET". Can someone point me to the correct package that may include "GET"? Thanks in advance for any assistance.--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org

Old 09-30-2010, 04:08 PM
JD

On 09/30/2010 09:02 AM, theonly.obsidian@gmail.com wrote:
> If this comes across as a newbie question...I apologize. i simply
> don't know the answer. I recently installed Fedora 13. I'm used to
> using "wget" and "GET". When trying to run a few of my old scripts I
> found that "wget" and "GET" were not installed. I was able to install
> "wget" by using "yum install wget". This does not work with "GET". Can
> someone point me to the correct package that may include "GET"? Thanks
> in advance for any assistance.

sudo yum -y install perl-libwww-perl-5.834-1.fc13.noarch

will give you GET.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Dave Cross

On 30 September 2010 17:02, <theonly.obsidian@gmail.com> wrote:
> If this comes across as a newbie question...I apologize. i simply don't know
> the answer. I recently installed Fedora 13. I'm used to using "wget" and
> "GET". When trying to run a few of my old scripts I found that "wget" and
> "GET" were not installed. I was able to install "wget" by using "yum install
> wget". This does not work with "GET". Can someone point me to the correct
> package that may include "GET"? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

$ rpm -q --whatprovides `which GET`
perl-libwww-perl-5.834-1.fc13.noarch

So something like "yum install perl-libwww-perl" should work.

Dave...

--
Dave Cross :: dave@dave.org.uk
http://dave.org.uk/

Old 09-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Todd Zullinger

Dave Cross wrote:
> $ rpm -q --whatprovides `which GET`
> perl-libwww-perl-5.834-1.fc13.noarch

Or, for something that works even if you don't have the proper package
installed already:

$ sudo repoquery --whatprovides '*/GET'
perl-libwww-perl-0:5.834-1.fc13.noarch

or

$ yum provides '*/GET'
Loaded plugins: priorities, refresh-packagekit
perl-libwww-perl-5.834-1.fc13.noarch : A Perl interface to the World-Wide Web
Repo : fedora
Matched from:
Filename : /usr/bin/GET