Old 09-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Gary Stainburn

Default SOLVED - F13 <-> Samsung Galaxy S via USB

On Thursday 30 September 2010 04:23:44 Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> I dont have access to windows at all so i have no idea how it works there.
> but my captivate ( at&t branded galaxy s) i select storage then i have to
> slide down the notification bar select the "USB connected select to copy
> files to/from your computer" then tell it yes mount. after that its
> automatically mounted for me. when done i need to redo that procedure and
> tell it to unmount. after ive unmounted from my laptop/desktop. I assume
> that you need to do the same thing for whatever galaxy s variant it is that
> you have.
>
> Dennis

Spot on.

When you're in USB Debug mode, it pops a dialog box up in the middle of the
screen asking if you want to mount the drives for USB. As I said before,
this then works fine.

However, with USB Debugging turned off it doesn't do this. It just shows it in
the notification window. If you don't know to look there, as I didn't, it
never gives the drives over to the USB connection.

Problem solved, apart from wondering why it worked when I booted into WinXP?

I suppose we'll never know, but at least it's working now

Gary

--
Gary Stainburn