Old 09-30-2010, 01:59 AM
Samuel Kidman

Default jackd can't find backend

[root@Acer mickey]# jackd -d alsa

jackd 0.118.0

Copyright 2001-2009 Paul Davis, Stephane Letz, Jack O'Quinn, Torben
Hohn and others.

jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ...
hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit

control device hw:0

the playback device "hw:0" is already in use. Please stop the
application using it and run JACK again

cannot load driver module alsa

There are no other applications using the sound system.

Have you tried starting jackd just after login? Even if an application is not making any audible sounds it can still using the sound card. firefox does this.

Also I think you need to edit your /etc/asound.conf file to set up jack properly. I haven't been able to get this to work properly either. I can get jark started and running ok, but then I can't get it to make a sound.

Sam