Old 01-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Farkas Levente

Default hdX vs sdX on redhat 5.x with ata_piix

hi,
on redhat 5.x and fedora 6 there are hdX and sdX while from fedora 7
(and probably redhat 6.x) there will be only sdX. is it possible with
the latest redhat kernel to use the same ata_piix driver to handle all
disk (ie. both pata and sata) so we've only sdX disk devices like it's
the current setup on newer fedora release. we try to disable
ide0=noprobe etc. which really disable hdX but even if the kernel load
the ata_piix driver it's still not load these disks.
thanks in advance.

--
Levente "Si vis pacem para bellum!"