Old 01-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Vladimir Kovacevic

Default Fwd: Software on Instalation CD

No, still no answer. Is there someone who normally extracted programs
from F8 instalation DVD after instalation?
Isn't this a preeeety large bug for a system like Fedora??? Or I'm doing
something wrong?

V. S. Constantine wrote:

Hi,
After installing Fedora8 i386 how can I acces aditional programs on
instalation DVD?

I tried without success:
* Butting again from instalation DVD and go to System update, but there
is no option to add aditional software.
* From: Applications -> Add/Remove Software but than I get "Retrieving
software information" window which stays like
that for a large period of time. Even with existance of Internet
connection I receive Unhandled exeption...

Is this some kind of a bug, and is there a solution?

_ _ _

Hi Vlada

I didn't see a answer to your question . . . if there was I missed it.

I too was wondering about this . . . did you find a answer?

Sen

http://www.eset.com

Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 22:47 +0100, Vladimir Kovacevic wrote:
> No, still no answer. Is there someone who normally extracted programs
> from F8 instalation DVD after instalation?
> Isn't this a preeeety large bug for a system like Fedora??? Or I'm doing
> something wrong?
>

> V. S. Constantine wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >After installing Fedora8 i386 how can I acces aditional programs on
> >instalation DVD?
> >I tried without success:
> >* Butting again from instalation DVD and go to System update, but there
> >is no option to add aditional software.
> >* From: Applications -> Add/Remove Software but than I get "Retrieving
> >software information" window which stays like
> >that for a large period of time. Even with existance of Internet
> >connection I receive Unhandled exeption...
> >
> >Is this some kind of a bug, and is there a solution?

Install from CD

su -
folowed by the root password
enter the command for your favorite editor on the command line followed
by an & to start it in a separate session. Type the following lines
between the asterisks.
[fedora-disk]
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=file:///cdrom
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
Use the editors "save as" function to save what was typed to a file
named
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.disk.repo

Put the fedora disk in the drive. If the automount window comes up on
your desktop click on the
"do nothing" option.

In the terminal session enter the command string

mkdir /cdrom;mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom

All the packages on the CD will then be accessible with yum, yumex,
package updater or kyum.