Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 PM
John Summerfield

Default dual boot Windows XP and Fedora 8

Gerhard Magnus wrote:

Is there anything on the web -- or does anyone know -- about a procedure
for setting up a dual boot of Windows XP and Fedora 8? I have XP running
on one of two hard drives and would like to install Fedora on the
second. Thanks for the help!

You could start with the Fedora (and RHEL) docs.

You could also read the docs mentioned in my sig in order to help you
formulate better questions.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

Old 01-20-2008, 07:46 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Gerhard Magnus wrote:

Is there anything on the web -- or does anyone know -- about a procedure
for setting up a dual boot of Windows XP and Fedora 8? I have XP running
on one of two hard drives and would like to install Fedora on the
second. Thanks for the help!

Jerry

Just do a normal install, putting Grub on the MBR of the first
drive. You will have the option of adding Windows to the boot menu
during the install.

Mikkel