Old 01-20-2008, 01:43 PM
"Mark A. Miller"

Default problems adjusting pointer sensitivity on Dell Latitude D830

I recently bought a Latitude D830 and installed Fedora 8. Overall I am very happy.

This laptop has a trackstick and a trackpad, and I am having trouble decreasing the sensitivity of the tackpoint. (The trackpad DOES respond to the System->Preferences->Hardware->Mouse control panel.)

I'm guessing that I need to add an input section to xorg.conf, but I don't know what that should look like. For example, how do I know what the trackpoint device is, what driver it uses, etc.

If I have to make the trackpoint the corepointer or even disable the trackpad, that's OK with me.

Here's my current xorg.conf, with some manual changes I made to the speed limits and with SHMConfig manually disabled. Like I said, I'm happy with how my trackpad performs with this configuration but not the trackpoint.

Thanks in advance.

--- --- ---

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Default Layout"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Synaptics" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AIGLX" "on"