Old 01-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Vladimir Kovacevic

Default Software on Instalation CD

Hi,
After installing Fedora8 i386 how can I acces aditional programs on
instalation DVD?

I tried without success:
* Butting again from instalation DVD and go to System update, but there
is no option to add aditional software.
* From: Applications -> Add/Remove Software but than I get "Retrieving
software information" window which stays like
that for a large period of time. Even with existance of Internet
connection I receive Unhandled exeption...

Is this some kind of a bug, and is there a solution?

Vlada

* From: Applications -> Add/Remove Software but than I get "Retrieving
software information" window which stays like
that for a large period of time. Even with existance of Internet
connection I receive Unhandled exeption...

Is this some kind of a bug, and is there a solution?

Vlada

You can ad a repo for the DVD. Or you can replace the URL in the
base repo with the DVD. This is not created by default because not
everyone installs from a DVD, or keeps the DVD in the drive.

I have used a slightly different method in the past. I have the DVD
image on the hard drive. I use a loopback mount to mount it on
/var/www/html/Fedora. I then use that directory for the address of a
repo.

In /etc/fstab:
/shared/Fedora-8.iso /var/www/html/Fedora auto loop,ro 0 0

dvd.repo:
[fedora-dvd]
name=Fedora-DVD $releasever - $basearch
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=file:///var/www/html/Fedora
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GP

Mikkel