Old 01-20-2008, 01:22 AM
Robert L Cochran

Default Anyone Using Enigmail In Fedora Thunderbird (thunderbird-2.0.0.9-1.fc7)?

Is anyone out there using the Enigmail product (
http://enigmail.mozdev.org/home/index.php ) with thunderbird-2.0.0.9-1.fc7?

Are results okay? What happened when you migrated to Fedora 8? I assume
you can simply tar up the .gnupg and .thunderbird directories and move
everything, including the Enigmail plugin, your keys, etc to the new
Fedora version simply by untarring?

Thanks

Bob Cochran

Old 01-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Brian Millett

Robert L Cochran escribío:
Is anyone out there using the Enigmail product (
http://enigmail.mozdev.org/home/index.php ) with thunderbird-2.0.0.9-1.fc7?

Are results okay? What happened when you migrated to Fedora 8? I assume
you can simply tar up the .gnupg and .thunderbird directories and move
everything, including the Enigmail plugin, your keys, etc to the new
Fedora version simply by untarring?

Yes, and no.

I had problems with entry of the pin. I needed to load the pinentry rpm then I
made my .gnupg/gpg-agent.conf contain the following:

pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-qt
no-grab
default-cache-ttl 28800

Now, if you already had that, then you should have no problem.
--
Brian Millett - [ Londo (re: technomages), "The Geometry of Shadows"]
"We used to have them back home long ago. They use science to achieve the

Old 01-20-2008, 02:51 AM
John Thompson

On 2008-01-20, Robert L Cochran <cochranb@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Is anyone out there using the Enigmail product (
> http://enigmail.mozdev.org/home/index.php ) with thunderbird-2.0.0.9-1.fc7?
>
> Are results okay? What happened when you migrated to Fedora 8? I assume
> you can simply tar up the .gnupg and .thunderbird directories and move
> everything, including the Enigmail plugin, your keys, etc to the new
> Fedora version simply by untarring?

I recently moved from Fedora Core 1 (yep, "one") to Fedora 8 x86_64.
Enigmail worked fine before; still works fine now. The 64-bit version of
enigmail is a couple minor revisions behind the 32-bit version, but it's
worked fine for me.

--

John (john@os2.dhs.org)