Old 01-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Roger Grosswiler

Default Searching USB-Wireless-Device

Hi,

I would like to buy a new wireless-device, i have seen the following
promotions:

zyxel zyair g-202 usb (zd1211rw-chipset) or
Siemens Gigaset 108 usb (some atheros)

if possible, i would like to run the stick "out of the box" means
without ndiswrapper.

Does somebody have experience with one of those devices (working/not
working)

Thanks in advance.
Roger

Old 01-19-2008, 09:04 PM
max

Roger Grosswiler wrote:

Hi,

I would like to buy a new wireless-device, i have seen the following
promotions:

zyxel zyair g-202 usb (zd1211rw-chipset) or
Siemens Gigaset 108 usb (some atheros)

if possible, i would like to run the stick "out of the box" means
without ndiswrapper.

Does somebody have experience with one of those devices (working/not
working)

Thanks in advance.
Roger

As far as I know the atheros chipset is supported. It uses the madwifi
drivers I think.

-Max

Old 01-19-2008, 11:30 PM
"John W. Linville"

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 10:40:36PM +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> zyxel zyair g-202 usb (zd1211rw-chipset) or
> Siemens Gigaset 108 usb (some atheros)
>
> if possible, i would like to run the stick "out of the box" means
> without ndiswrapper.

Buy the zd1211rw.

--
John W. Linville