Old 01-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Nvidia Fix!

I was told by someone on this list that you MUST go to freshrpms and
pick out the proper kmod-nvidia rpm and install it. I did so 3 or 4
times without any results.

Today I was told to get it this way:

# yum install kmod-nvidia

and I got 4 rpm files that includes a whole new /etc/X11/xorg.conf for
the new system. It works just great but you must have the livna.repo in
your repo list.

Karl

Old 01-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Craig White

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 14:15 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> I was told by someone on this list that you MUST go to freshrpms and
> pick out the proper kmod-nvidia rpm and install it. I did so 3 or 4
> times without any results.
>
> Today I was told to get it this way:
>
> # yum install kmod-nvidia
>
> and I got 4 rpm files that includes a whole new /etc/X11/xorg.conf for
> the new system. It works just great but you must have the livna.repo in
> your repo list.
----
even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then

Craig

Old 01-21-2008, 07:26 PM
"Jorge Boscan Etura"

LOL!!

oh my abs!!

On Jan 19, 2008 11:14 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 14:15 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> > I was told by someone on this list that you MUST go to freshrpms and
> > pick out the proper kmod-nvidia rpm and install it. I did so 3 or 4
> > times without any results.
> >
> > Today I was told to get it this way:
> >
> > # yum install kmod-nvidia
> >
> > and I got 4 rpm files that includes a whole new /etc/X11/xorg.conf for
> > the new system. It works just great but you must have the livna.repo in
> > your repo list.
> ----
> even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then
>
> Craig

[Jorge J. Boscán Etura]
quando omni flunkus moritatus