Old 01-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Michael Best

Default xine-lib update breaks listening to audio streaming in Amarok

The latest xine update appears to break my ability to listen to
streaming audio.

xine-lib-1.1.9.1-1.fc8.i386.rpm
xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.9.1-1.lvn8.i386.rpm

no longer works with streaming any of the streaming mp3 sources that I
have been listening to.

I tried to go back to

xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.8-6.lvn8.i386.rpm but there is no longer any
corresponding xine-lib-1.1.8-6.fc8.i386.rpm available.

And on the main livna mirror there is no
xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.8-4.lvn8.i386.rpm to correspond with the
Fedora8 initial release package. I did however manage to find a copy
and I can listen to streaming audio.

Any idea how I can figure out which of the xine-lib or
xine-lib-extras-nonfree packages are at fault for no longer playing so I
can submit a bug report?

-Mike

Old 01-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Kevin Kofler

Michael Best <mbest <at> pendragon.org> writes:
> Any idea how I can figure out which of the xine-lib or
> xine-lib-extras-nonfree packages are at fault for no longer playing so I
> can submit a bug report?

I'd say let the maintainers figure that out, the Fedora xine-lib package and
the Livna xine-lib-extras-nonfree package are maintained by the same people
anyway.

Kevin Kofler

Old 01-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Michael Best

Kevin Kofler wrote:

Michael Best <mbest <at> pendragon.org> writes:
Any idea how I can figure out which of the xine-lib or
xine-lib-extras-nonfree packages are at fault for no longer playing so I
can submit a bug report?

I'd say let the maintainers figure that out, the Fedora xine-lib package and
the Livna xine-lib-extras-nonfree package are maintained by the same people
anyway.

Kevin Kofler

I should just open a bugzilla ticket on xine-lib then.

-Mike

Old 01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Rex Dieter

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Michael Best <mbest <at> pendragon.org> writes:
>> Any idea how I can figure out which of the xine-lib or
>> xine-lib-extras-nonfree packages are at fault for no longer playing so I
>> can submit a bug report?
>
> I'd say let the maintainers figure that out, the Fedora xine-lib package
> and the Livna xine-lib-extras-nonfree package are maintained by the same
> people anyway.

fyi, looks like it's already reported:
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/429182
(initially against amarok).