Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Hiisi

Default nxserver sound configuration/ESD sound support

Dear users!
nxserver [1] is running perfectly on my system [2]. Everything works
as expected and I can login from remote machine to my system. But I
would like also to have sound redirected from server to remote client.
I went through all steps on nomachine wiki [3] except the last two. I
couldn't understand how to compile gst-plugins-good package. Quote
from wiki:
Configure gst-plugins-good to compile only one external plugin, i.e. ESD:

# ./configure --disable-examples --disable-directdraw
--disable-directsound --disable-oss --disable-sunaudio
--disable-osx_audio --disable-osx_video --disable-gst_v4l2 --disable-x
--disable-xshm --disable-xvideo --disable-aalib --disable-aalibtest
--disable-annodex --disable-cairo --disable-cdio --disable-flac
--disable-hal --disable-jpeg --disable-libcaca --disable-libdv
--disable-libpng --disable-dv1394 --disable-shout2 --disable-shout2test
--disable-speex --disable-taglib --disable-wavpack --disable-zlib
--disable-gconf --disable-gdk_pixbuf
What does it mean? I have to chose one of those options, right? Am I
loosing something compiling it with disable options? Experimenting
with one or two of these options I didn't find the compiled plugin as
explained in the instructions [3]. Quote:
Copy the compiled ESD plugin to the GStreamer directory:

# cp ./ext/esd/.libs/libgstesd.so /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/
Is there anybody on this list who did the trick with sound
redirection? Could you please give me some hints?
TIA
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.