Old 08-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Linuxguy123

Default Urgent: how do I setup/run gnome in F13 ?

I'm a long time KDE user. I'm having printer problems in KDE tonight
and I desperately need to get something printed.

I would like to log into a Gnome session and try printing from there.
(different infrastructure ?) However, when I log out of my KDE
session, there is no option to boot Gnome. How do I boot a Gnome
session these days ?

Thanks

Old 08-19-2010, 04:10 AM
Kevin Fenzi

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 20:48:23 -0600
Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a long time KDE user. I'm having printer problems in KDE tonight
> and I desperately need to get something printed.
>
> I would like to log into a Gnome session and try printing from there.
> (different infrastructure ?) However, when I log out of my KDE
> session, there is no option to boot Gnome. How do I boot a Gnome
> session these days ?

yum groupinstall gnome-desktop

then logout and at the gdm screen:

Select your user