Old 08-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Sam Varshavchik

Default Is swap really needed when RAM's aplenty

I'll probably have a new server with 16 gigs of RAM on the way, soon.

With this amount of RAM being sufficient, do I really need a swap partition
set up? I do understand that a swap partition is needed for hibernation, but
this server does not need to hibernate.