Old 08-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Gilboa Davara

Default Fedora release policy and KDE

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 09:04 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm quite new to Fedora (though using Linux for the last 10 years or so), and
> I have a question about Fedora's release policy. I understand it's a "bleeding
> edge" distro. New package versions seem more or less integrated as soon as
> they come out.
>
> How about KDE point releases? Is KDE 4.5 due to be part of Fedora 13 one day,
> as soon as the packagers deem it ready? Or will I have to either wait for
> Fedora 14 for that, or configure some third party repository?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki

Hello,

If you want to try KDE 4.5 now, you could use the KDE 4.5 SC package
from kde-redhat [1] - which serves as the testing ground for future
Fedora KDE-spin releases.

- Gilboa
[1] http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

Old 08-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 09:04 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm quite new to Fedora (though using Linux for the last 10 years or so), and
> I have a question about Fedora's release policy. I understand it's a "bleeding
> edge" distro. New package versions seem more or less integrated as soon as
> they come out.
>
> How about KDE point releases? Is KDE 4.5 due to be part of Fedora 13 one day,
> as soon as the packagers deem it ready? Or will I have to either wait for
> Fedora 14 for that, or configure some third party repository?

You may want to check out the Fedora KDE list at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/kde where this question
came up a few days ago.

poc