Old 08-17-2010, 05:31 PM
DJ Delorie

Default overriding USB vendor/product map

Is it possible to force the kernel to assign a USB driver to a given
vendor/product, if it has a custom product? In my case, I have a
board with a CP2102 usb chip on it, which linux supports, but the
CP2102 has a custom iProduct number so the driver just ignores it.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:44 PM
jack craig

On 08/17/2010 10:31 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Is it possible to force the kernel to assign a USB driver to a given
> vendor/product, if it has a custom product? In my case, I have a
> board with a CP2102 usb chip on it, which linux supports, but the
> CP2102 has a custom iProduct number so the driver just ignores it.

i did this by editing the hw map on my host.

/usr/share/hwdata/usb.ids

just a wag, jackc...

-

Jack Craig