-   -   overriding USB vendor/product map (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/414333-overriding-usb-vendor-product-map.html)

DJ Delorie 08-17-2010 05:31 PM

overriding USB vendor/product map

Is it possible to force the kernel to assign a USB driver to a given
vendor/product, if it has a custom product? In my case, I have a
board with a CP2102 usb chip on it, which linux supports, but the
CP2102 has a custom iProduct number so the driver just ignores it.

jack craig 08-17-2010 05:44 PM

On 08/17/2010 10:31 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Is it possible to force the kernel to assign a USB driver to a given
> vendor/product, if it has a custom product? In my case, I have a
> board with a CP2102 usb chip on it, which linux supports, but the
> CP2102 has a custom iProduct number so the driver just ignores it.

i did this by editing the hw map on my host.

/usr/share/hwdata/usb.ids

just a wag, jackc...

-

Jack Craig