FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-19-2008, 06:06 AM
Tim
 
Default F8 is a problem

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 18:20 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> well I really have had nothing but trouble with F8. I can
> get zero help from this list

At this point, I say GO FUCK YOURSELF, THAT'S A LOAD OF BULLSHIT!
You've had no end of help from this list, far more than others, far more
than you deserve. The thing that's useless is YOU, not the help.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.
I read messages from the public lists.


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 01-19-2008, 07:45 AM
"Robert P. J. Day"
 
Default F8 is a problem

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Karl Larsen wrote:

> Hi Jim, well I really have had nothing but trouble with F8. I can get zero
> help from this list ...

i believe the phrase "self-fulfilling prophecy" is what you're looking
for here, karl.

rday
--

================================================== ======================
Robert P. J. Day
Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Home page: http://crashcourse.ca
Fedora Cookbook: http://crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Fedora_Cookbook
================================================== ======================

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 01-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Brian Chadwick
 
Default F8 is a problem

Michael A. Peters wrote:

Brian Chadwick wrote:





Fedora is not multi-million dollar idiot proof
But for half a million, I'll put together a sweet box and apply all
the updates.



Stand in line Michael

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 01-19-2008, 08:36 AM
"Michael A. Peters"
 
Default F8 is a problem

Brian Chadwick wrote:





Fedora is not multi-million dollar idiot proof
But for half a million, I'll put together a sweet box and apply all the
updates.


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 01-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Craig White
 
Default F8 is a problem

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 18:20 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:

> Hi Jim, well I really have had nothing but trouble with F8. I can
> get zero help from this list so I will just relax and enjoy F7. As for
> your problem, nmd what ever that is must be working :-)
>
> On F8 the sound is failing and no known cause for this. I will soon
> not be working on anything. I think it is a big problem.
----
Karl,

Do you antagonize everyone, everywhere or did you just select
Fedora-list to practice your craft?

Craig

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 01-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Martin Marques
 
Default F8 is a problem

Brian Chadwick escribió:

Karl Larsen wrote:
Yes I know Fedora is a testing ground. Yes I know most of you
tigers think I am stupid and for some good grounds. But I am a
muli-million dollar person who worries not about gasoline prices or
where the next meal comes from.


But I DO worry why I can't get F8 to work. It works a few days and
then goes to hell. So I am back here on F7 which seems to work well.
At least the audio is good and I can do things I must.



Karl


Fedora is not multi-million dollar idiot proof



But Fedora 8 is the worst release so far (I have used Fedora since FC1
and RHL before).


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 01-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Martin Marques
 
Default F8 is a problem

Michael Schwendt escribió:

On 19/01/2008, Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> wrote:

Hi Jim, well I really have had nothing but trouble with F8.


Doesn't surprise me. I also reinstalled F8 on Sun 09 Dec 2007, but
after more problems than losing only pulseaudio and related gstreamer
components. Too many untested or poorly tested updates are published
for F8. It is a moving target.



Don't forget the anaconda bug that didn't let you upgrade from previous
versions.


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 01-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Tom Owens
 
Default F8 is a problem

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 04:15 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> Do you antagonize everyone, everywhere or did you just select
> Fedora-list to practice your craft?

If u notice the signature for Karl's msgs u will see that he is also a
ham radio operator, K5DI.

In 2004, as the Contest Manager for QRP ARCI, an international ham radio
organization devoted solely to low power operations, I well remember
Karl.

Thankfully his goals changed or he discovered the difficulty in amassing
contest points using low power high speed code in a limited timeframe
with extensive documentation requirements & against other world class
operators. Something caused him and his emails to disappear.

Perhaps, that is when he took up abusing Linux. I had only a short
introduction to Karl.

But, four years later, I STILL remember him. I recognized the name &
call sign immediately when I first subscribed to this list.

The memory is not fond but it is durable.

Tom, WB5KHC
CW only operator, 33 years

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 01-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Craig White
 
Default F8 is a problem

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 04:14 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 19/01/2008, Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jim, well I really have had nothing but trouble with F8.
>
> Doesn't surprise me. I also reinstalled F8 on Sun 09 Dec 2007, but
> after more problems than losing only pulseaudio and related gstreamer
> components. Too many untested or poorly tested updates are published
> for F8. It is a moving target.
----
is there something unstated here?

do you lack enthusiasm for the switch over to pulse audio?

Craig

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 01-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Craig White
 
Default F8 is a problem

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 07:52 -0600, Tom Owens wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 04:15 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > Do you antagonize everyone, everywhere or did you just select
> > Fedora-list to practice your craft?
>
> If u notice the signature for Karl's msgs u will see that he is also a
> ham radio operator, K5DI.
>
> In 2004, as the Contest Manager for QRP ARCI, an international ham radio
> organization devoted solely to low power operations, I well remember
> Karl.
>
> Thankfully his goals changed or he discovered the difficulty in amassing
> contest points using low power high speed code in a limited timeframe
> with extensive documentation requirements & against other world class
> operators. Something caused him and his emails to disappear.
>
> Perhaps, that is when he took up abusing Linux. I had only a short
> introduction to Karl.
>
> But, four years later, I STILL remember him. I recognized the name &
> call sign immediately when I first subscribed to this list.
>
> The memory is not fond but it is durable.
----
;-)

well then I guess that this is a spread the wealth kind of thing.

Craig

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:05 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org