Old 08-17-2010, 11:19 AM
"Erik P. Olsen"

Default newest update trashed firefox

On 17/08/10 13:01, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I just rebooted after the latest update, and when I opened Firefox, it didn't
> work right. menus refused to work, and right-clicking on a page doesn't do
> anything, like normally it says - open in new tab...
>
> luckily I have Google-Chrome installed...
> uh, needless to say I'm talking about Fedora 13..

Latest update of fedora or firefox?

--
Erik

Old 08-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Paul Cartwright

On Tue August 17 2010, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> > luckily I have Google-Chrome installed...
> > uh, needless to say I'm talking about Fedora 13..
>
> Latest update of fedora or firefox?

uh, yum update, and I'm not sure if firefox was updated or not, I wasn't
watching the files real close(ly?).

I fixed it by uninstalling/reinstalling firefox.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 PM
JD

On 08/17/2010 04:01 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I just rebooted after the latest update, and when I opened Firefox, it didn't
> work right. menus refused to work, and right-clicking on a page doesn't do
> anything, like normally it says - open in new tab...
>
> luckily I have Google-Chrome installed...
> uh, needless to say I'm talking about Fedora 13..
Sometimes, it can be caused by having the wrong version of xulrunner,
or not having it at all.
Can you check and be sure you have xulrunner-1.9.2.7-2.fc13.i686 ?