Old 08-17-2010, 04:08 AM
Matthew Ramos

Default Fw: What are the requirements and features of Fedora?

Hi everyone -
I am new to Linux and I am trying to compare Fedora’s desktop
version Linux to a few other distributors.¬* Could anyone please tell me:

the hardware requirementsfeaturesapplications and utilities included with Fedora.anything else that may separate it from the others like
Ubuntu or Debian?

Thank you for your help in this.¬* Right now I am running Knoppix and I'm thinking about moving to a different distribution.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:50 AM
JB

Matthew Ramos <matt.nole <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi everyone -I am new to Linux and I am trying to compare Fedora’s desktop
> version Linux to a few other distributors.¬* Could anyone please tell me:
>

> the hardware requirements
> features
> applications and utilities included with Fedora.
> anything else that may separate it from the others like
> Ubuntu or Debian?
>
> Thank you for your help in this.¬* Right now I am running Knoppix and I'm
thinking about moving to a different distribution.

http://distrowatch.com/

JB

Old 08-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Tim

Hi Matthew,

> Could anyone please tell me:
> 1. the hardware requirements
> 2. features
> 3. applications and utilities included with Fedora.

All of those are listed in here:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Matthew Ramos

Wow!!!¬* Thanks for the link

Old 08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Patrick Bartek

--- On Mon, 8/16/10, JB <jb.1234abcd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Matthew Ramos <matt.nole
> <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Hi everyone -I am new to Linux and I am trying to
> compare Fedora’s desktop
> > version Linux to a few other distributors.¬* Could
> anyone please tell me:
> >

> > the hardware requirements
> > features
> > applications and utilities included with Fedora.
> > anything else that may separate it from the others
> like
> >¬* ¬* ¬* Ubuntu or Debian?
> >
> > Thank you for your help in this.¬* Right now I am
> running Knoppix and I'm
> thinking about moving to a different distribution.
> >

> http://distrowatch.com/

Too general. Here are a couple that are more specific.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Release_Notes/
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ