Old 01-19-2008, 03:54 AM
"Jagadish Kavuturu"

Default FC 8 on Acer 4520

Hello every one,

This is my laptop's configuration :
ACER 4520

Toshiba
MK1637GSX**** /** SATA
160GB** HDD
AMD X2
TK-55 @ 1.8 GHZ

2 Gig RAM
@ 677 MHZ

The installation [fc 8 / 2.6.23.x.fc ] goes smoothly but when i reboot the machine, this is the error i get :

Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting from the kernel.

Red Hat nash version 6.0.19 starting

Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...

No volume groups found

Volume group "VolGroup00" not found.

Unable to access resume device (/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)

Mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'

setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory

setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory

setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory

switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory

*
When i go into rescue mode and i "chroot" to* /mnt/sysvolume, i see that linux is installed just fine.

I tried passing the folllowing kernel parameters : [From the release notes]

noirqdebug
ide3=noprobe ide4=noprobe apic
acpi=force
irqpoll

ideX=ata66

But its of no use.

I believe its an issue with the kernel modules. [ libata / ahci ]

Should i recompile the kernel / initrd image ?

I get the same problem with RHEL 5.1 Desktop.* [ 2.6.18.x.EL ]

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Javesh

*