Old 01-19-2008, 03:50 AM
Leslie Satenstein

Default fedora-list Digest, A future Idea

Currently I have the messages batched as shown below. Everyday I receive a substantial number of batches of correspondence.

I would love to have an option whereby I could have a* list of a day's topics but not the messages themselves. If I want to read the topic contents, I would like to be able to click on the topic to retrieve the text.

Here is an example of a batch file of messages.

fedora-list-request@redhat.com wrote:

Today's Topics:

1. Re: Another list (Vivek J. Patankar)
2. Re: Linux Friendly Hardware Database ?? (Msquared)
3. How To Find Out Fan Speed Via Software (Robert L Cochran)
4. Re: Updates SOLVED! ... Or is it! (Ric Moore)
5. Re: Linux Friendly Hardware Database ?? (John Summerfield)
6. Re: How To Find Out Fan Speed Via Software (John Summerfield)
7.
Re: Another list (Ed Greshko)
8. Re: How To Find Out Fan Speed Via Software (Brian Chadwick)
9. Re: ipod (offset)
10. Re: Another list (Craig White)
11. Re: Another list (Ed Greshko)
12. Re: ipod (max)
13. Re: Linux Friendly Hardware Database ?? (John Summerfield)
14. Re: [OT] Video Standard Q: (Was Re: New Thread....about
anything but Pulseaudio or yum) (Gene Heskett)
15. Re: [OT] Video Standard Q: (Was Re: New Thread....about
anything but Pulseaudio or yum) (Gene Heskett)
16. Re: How To Find Out Fan Speed Via Software (Gene Heskett)
17. Does NetworkManager Work with WPA in Fedora 8? (Rick Bilonick)

*--- CUT ---

End of fedora-list Digest, Vol 47, Issue
169

Old 01-19-2008, 04:08 AM
Ed Greshko

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
Currently I have the messages batched as shown below. Everyday I receive
a substantial number of batches of correspondence.

I would love to have an option whereby I could have a list of a day's
topics but not the messages themselves. If I want to read the topic
contents, I would like to be able to click on the topic to retrieve the
text.

Your best bet would be to unsubscribe and go to read the archives on a daily
basis and sort by thread.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/

--
Yow! Am I in Milwaukee?

Old 01-19-2008, 06:16 AM
Tim

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 13:08 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> read the archives on a daily basis and sort by thread.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/

Another option is the gmane usenet gateway. It has the Fedora list,
amongst many others.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386