Old 08-16-2010, 04:01 AM
Tim

Default Evolution mailing list handling (was: KMail mailing list)

Tim:
>> That options is always greyed out on my Evolution, on any list mail
>> that I've tried it with (this list, and several others).

Patrick O'Callaghan:
> Whereas I use it all the time in Evolution, e.g. to post this message.
> Take a look at the message source and make sure the List-* headers are
> present.

I already did, and they are (quoted below). I also have the mailing
list actions plug-in enabled. On two different computers, Evolution
behaves this way. That said, I'm still using an old release, it'll be
some time before I can manage updating.

> Sender: users-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org

It sure looks like, to me, that there's enough information in there for
a mail client to determine mailing list details.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 13:31 +0930, Tim wrote:
> It sure looks like, to me, that there's enough information in there
> for a mail client to determine mailing list details.

All it needs for posting is List-Post. If Kmail isn't seeing it I guess
it must be a bug (I haven't used Kmail in 5 years or so because at that
time its IMAP support sucked).

poc

Old 08-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Tim

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 08:27 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> If Kmail isn't seeing it I guess it must be a bug (I haven't used
> Kmail in 5 years or so because at that time its IMAP support sucked).

Not using Kmail, myself, for many years, and it was the other Tim having
problems with it, I wondered if it was doing nothing because other
things needed configuring first.

The documentation that I saw on a website suggested that its list mail
handling was dependent on you setting up a folder to belong to a list.
Then, while you were working in that folder, the "new message to list"
function would fill in the "to" address based on the folder set up,
rather than the current message.

Someone who uses it, and that feature, would have to say whether I've
guessed that correctly.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 23:46 +0930, Tim wrote:
> > If Kmail isn't seeing it I guess it must be a bug (I haven't used
> > Kmail in 5 years or so because at that time its IMAP support
> sucked).
>
> Not using Kmail, myself, for many years, and it was the other Tim
> having
> problems with it, I wondered if it was doing nothing because other
> things needed configuring first.

Oops, sorry about that.

poc