Old 08-15-2010, 07:14 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default F12: Desktop background

Seems that no matter what desktop background I choose,
it does not remain permanent. If I tried to move to another
workspace, the previously set background reverts back to
Fedora's standard background.

How can I get my desktop background to remain permanent?

Does anyone else have this issue?

Old 08-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Frantisek Hanzlik

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> Seems that no matter what desktop background I choose,
> it does not remain permanent. If I tried to move to another
> workspace, the previously set background reverts back to
> Fedora's standard background.
>
> How can I get my desktop background to remain permanent?
>
> Does anyone else have this issue?

Reconfigure/uninstall "wallpapoz" (if You use Gnome) package?

Franta Hanzlík

Old 08-15-2010, 07:31 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

On 08/15/2010 12:19 PM, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
> Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>>
>> Seems that no matter what desktop background I choose,
>> it does not remain permanent. If I tried to move to another
>> workspace, the previously set background reverts back to
>> Fedora's standard background.
>>
>> How can I get my desktop background to remain permanent?
>>
>> Does anyone else have this issue?
>
> Reconfigure/uninstall "wallpapoz" (if You use Gnome) package?
>
> Franta Hanzlík

Yup! That does the trick, when un-installing,
make sure the wallpapoz program is killed.

Thanks for the tip!