Old 08-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Philip Prindeville

Default sendmail: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: Unknown error .....

Recently started seeing the messages:

Aug 14 15:20:29 mail sendmail[8805]: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: Unknown error 1928739888
Aug 14 15:20:29 mail sendmail[8805]: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: Unknown error 1928743376

when trying to send a message from Thunderbird to my local sendmail server.

Running:

thunderbird-3.1.1-1.fc13.x86_64

on the client, and:

sendmail-8.14.4-4.fc13.x86_64

on the server, which was updated on June 4. The messages only started recently... not sure what date.

Oddly, this happens when the client is running on FC13.

If I run the same version of TB on a Macbook client running 10.6.4, then I don't have this issue on the server.

Anyone have a clue as to what the cause is?

Thanks.

-Philip