Old 08-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Ed Greshko

Default Upgrading OpenOffice.org on Fedora 11 x86_64 (Xen paravirt-ops Dom0)

On 08/14/2010 10:07 PM, Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
> The currently installed OpenOffice.org on my Fedora 11 64-bit home
> multimedia desktop tower system is version 3.1.0. I wish to upgrade
> OpenOffice.org to 3.2.1 or the 3.3 Beta versions.

F11 has reached End Of Life and is no longer supported and no longer
receiving updates.

You have at least 2 choices....

1. Upgrade to F13

or

2. Remove the Fedora OpenOffice packages and install OpenOffice from
http://www.openoffice.org/

--
HELLO, little boys! Gimme a MINT TULIP!! Let's do the BOSSA NOVA!!
HIGHWAY ROBBERY!! 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段

Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM
"Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)"

Oh dear! My Fedora 11 x86_64 was extremely heavily customized with Xen
paravirt operations domain 0-patched kernels. Upgrading to Fedora 13
would be fraught with difficulties. Does F13 support pv-ops Dom0 kernels
by default?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Citizenship: Singapore Citizen/Singaporean
Facebook account:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000750083982
Location: Bedok Reservoir Road, Singapore 470103
My Open Letter (Plea for Medical Help/Assistance) to World Leaders:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2010-August/380213.html

Old 08-14-2010, 03:14 PM
"Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)"

Ed Greshko,

Looks like I may not be able to upgrade to F13 conveniently.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Virtualization.html

Refer to Section 5.2.6.*Xen Kernel Support

"The kernel package in Fedora*13 supports
booting as a guest domU, but will not function as a dom0 until such
support is provided upstream.
The most recent Fedora release with dom0 support
is Fedora*8."

I had my Fedora 11 64-bit system heavily customized with Xen pv-ops
Dom0 kernels. Upgrading to F13 is not suitable for me. Let's hope that
Fedora 14 will include support for Xen pv-ops Dom0 kernels. I am not
using KVM virtualization solution.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Athmane Madjoudj

On 08/14/2010 04:14 PM, Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
> Ed Greshko,
>
> Looks like I may not be able to upgrade to F13 conveniently.
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Virtualization.html
>
> Refer to Section 5.2.6. Xen Kernel Support
>
> /"The kernel package in Fedora 13 supports booting as a guest domU, but
> will not function as a dom0 until such support is provided upstream. /
> / The most recent Fedora release with dom0 support is Fedora 8."
>
> /I had my Fedora 11 64-bit system heavily customized with Xen pv-ops
> Dom0 kernels. Upgrading to F13 is not suitable for me. Let's hope that
> Fedora 14 will include support for Xen pv-ops Dom0 kernels. I am not
> using KVM virtualization solution.
>
> Yours sincerely,

I'm not sure, but there's an experimental Xen dom0 support for F12 [1],
F13 include this as xen-*:

[1] http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/

HTH
--
Athmane Madjoudj

Old 08-14-2010, 06:03 PM

being that you are a spammer, i hope that you never succeed in getting
any software running on your system.

that includes fedora and all versions of linux.

you subscription at scientific linux has been withdrawn and i hope
fedora will follow.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
**
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

Old 08-15-2010, 12:07 AM
"Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)"

I think I will wait for the official release of Fedora 14 and Michael
Young's Xen Dom0 Kernel packages for F14.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:36 AM
"Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)"

As Fedora 11 was EOL, I also cannot get any updates for the Chromium web
browser.

All fc13 packages here:

http://fedorapeople.org/~spot/chromium/VERYOLD/

No more support for Chromium web browser in F11 here also:

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/chromium/