FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-14-2010, 12:17 AM
 
Default HowTo , Connecting wlan0 when in Single user mode

On 08/13/2010 08:13 PM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
> On 08/13/2010 08:00 PM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
>> On 08/13/2010 06:43 PM, Mikkel wrote:
>>> On 08/13/2010 05:40 PM, Martin Airs wrote:
>>>> sorry, one assumes that the OP is actually capable of going into a
>>>> desktop just to tick the box, just to make the wireless network
>>>> available in runlevel 3.
>>>>
>>> But the OP wants it in runlevel 1.
>>>
>> ifconfig wlan0 is showing the wlan0,but dhclient wlan0 is not giving me
>> a IP .
>>
>> iwconfig wlan0 essid dd-wrt key 8956231064 works , but it didn't like
>> 's' so I let it out . The key is a Hex key.
>>
>> iwlist wlan0 key, shows a key
> Now it is Connected, but it sure took a long to connect.
>
> I was watching the DHCP connection in Router and after about 10
> minutes it connected.
>
> The ;
>
>
The;

ifconfig wlan0 up
iwconfig wlan0 dd-wrt key 9856231080 (hex Key)
dhclient wlan0

Did the job


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-14-2010, 12:50 AM
JD
 
Default HowTo , Connecting wlan0 when in Single user mode

On 08/13/2010 05:00 PM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
> On 08/13/2010 06:43 PM, Mikkel wrote:
>> On 08/13/2010 05:40 PM, Martin Airs wrote:
>>> sorry, one assumes that the OP is actually capable of going into a
>>> desktop just to tick the box, just to make the wireless network
>>> available in runlevel 3.
>>>
>> But the OP wants it in runlevel 1.
>>
> ifconfig wlan0 is showing the wlan0,but dhclient wlan0 is not giving me
> a IP .
>
> iwconfig wlan0 essid dd-wrt key 8956231064 works , but it didn't like
> 's' so I let it out . The key is a Hex key.
>
> iwlist wlan0 key, shows a key
I have had continuous problems with dhcp over wireless.
In short: it NEVER worked.
So, I assign a static IP and it works just fine.

ifconfig wlan0 inet 192.168.1.X gateway 192.168.1.254 netmask 0xffffff00 up


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Mikkel
 
Default HowTo , Connecting wlan0 when in Single user mode

On 08/13/2010 07:50 PM, JD wrote:
> I have had continuous problems with dhcp over wireless.
> In short: it NEVER worked.
> So, I assign a static IP and it works just fine.
>
> ifconfig wlan0 inet 192.168.1.X gateway 192.168.1.254 netmask 0xffffff00 up
>
One thing I have run into with WEP is that depending on the settings
of the access point, you may have to add the restricted option to
the key. This set the security mode.

Mikkel
--

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-14-2010, 01:00 AM
 
Default HowTo , Connecting wlan0 when in Single user mode

On 08/13/2010 08:50 PM, JD wrote:
> On 08/13/2010 05:00 PM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
>> On 08/13/2010 06:43 PM, Mikkel wrote:
>>> On 08/13/2010 05:40 PM, Martin Airs wrote:
>>>> sorry, one assumes that the OP is actually capable of going into a
>>>> desktop just to tick the box, just to make the wireless network
>>>> available in runlevel 3.
>>>>
>>> But the OP wants it in runlevel 1.
>>>
>> ifconfig wlan0 is showing the wlan0,but dhclient wlan0 is not giving me
>> a IP .
>>
>> iwconfig wlan0 essid dd-wrt key 8956231064 works , but it didn't like
>> 's' so I let it out . The key is a Hex key.
>>
>> iwlist wlan0 key, shows a key
> I have had continuous problems with dhcp over wireless.
> In short: it NEVER worked.
> So, I assign a static IP and it works just fine.
>
> ifconfig wlan0 inet 192.168.1.X gateway 192.168.1.254 netmask 0xffffff00 up
>
>
I think the problem is dhclient took so long to get a connection.

I was just sitting and watching the Router and after about ten minutes I
saw the IP pop up on router for my Wireless Connection.

And it is staying connected after one hour in Single User Mode.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Tim
 
Default HowTo , Connecting wlan0 when in Single user mode

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 14:42 -0700, JD wrote:
> service wpa_supplicant start
> wait a few minutes for the wpa supplicant to sync up with router
> then

I have to ask: Why would that take minutes, rather than mere seconds?

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored. I
read messages from the public lists.



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-14-2010, 04:28 PM
JD
 
Default HowTo , Connecting wlan0 when in Single user mode

On 08/14/2010 07:02 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 14:42 -0700, JD wrote:
>> service wpa_supplicant start
>> wait a few minutes for the wpa supplicant to sync up with router
>> then
> I have to ask: Why would that take minutes, rather than mere seconds?
>
It's a good question.
Where I am, it takes sometimes up to 30 minutes to connect
because the signal is not that great.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org