Old 08-12-2010, 12:30 PM
"Roger K. Wells"

Default Ugly Text

On 08/11/2010 11:59 PM, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Tim<ignored_mailbox@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 17:34 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
>>> The link is:
>>> http://www.tnr.com/print/article/politics/76822/the-look-time
>> That actually looks reasonably good, on screen, here. Though grey
>> writing on white background can be a printing headache, as printers have
>> to dither black ink to make grey, so you get fuzzy printing. But there
>> may be an option to always print text in full black.
> The page looks absolutely perfect here, both in the main Firefox
> display and in Print Preview. That said, I do have the msttcore-fonts
> package installed. Could the reason it looks like garbage for the OP
> be simply that?

Same here and I also have msttcore-fonts installed.
FireFox v3.6.7
uname: 2.6.33.6-147.2.4.fc13.x86_64

roger wells

--
Roger Wells, P.E.
SAIC

Old 08-12-2010, 12:56 PM

On 08/12/2010 12:30 PM, Roger K. Wells wrote:
> On 08/11/2010 11:59 PM, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
<snip>
>> That said, I do have the msttcore-fonts package installed.
>> Could the reason it looks like garbage for the OP be simply that?
>
> Same here and I also have msttcore-fonts installed.
> FireFox v3.6.7
> uname: 2.6.33.6-147.2.4.fc13.x86_64

i do not have msttcore-fonts installed and i get a good print preview.

Firefox v3.0.19 running in 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
**
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

Old 08-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Jonathan Ryshpan

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 22:59 -0500, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 17:34 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> >> The link is:
> >> http://www.tnr.com/print/article/politics/76822/the-look-time
> >
> > That actually looks reasonably good, on screen, here. Though grey
> > writing on white background can be a printing headache, as printers have
> > to dither black ink to make grey, so you get fuzzy printing. But there
> > may be an option to always print text in full black.
>
> The page looks absolutely perfect here, both in the main Firefox
> display and in Print Preview. That said, I do have the msttcore-fonts
> package installed. Could the reason it looks like garbage for the OP
> be simply that?
>
> msttcore-fonts-2.0-3.noarch

I have installed this, and rendering for print is better, though still
not quite perfect.

jon