-   -   printer emits postscript (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/411513-printer-emits-postscript.html)

Michael Hennebry 08-11-2010 04:27 PM

printer emits postscript

Since upgrading to Fedora 13, I've been unable to use my printer.
It keeps emitting postscript.
It's an HP Photosmart C3180 All in One (printer, scanner, copier).
I installed the printer using the GUI available through
localhost:Iforgetthenumber.
The ppd file I used had C3100 in its name.
Any ideas about what is going on, what I should do about it
or where to look?

Every update does something like this to me.
There is always some problem that takes me weeks or months to fix.
It's why I wait for EOL before updating.

--
Michael hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.

"Robert G. (Doc) Savage" 08-11-2010 05:13 PM

printer emits postscript

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 11:27 -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> Since upgrading to Fedora 13, I've been unable to use my printer.
> It keeps emitting postscript.
> It's an HP Photosmart C3180 All in One (printer, scanner, copier).
> I installed the printer using the GUI available through
> localhost:Iforgetthenumber.
> The ppd file I used had C3100 in its name.
> Any ideas about what is going on, what I should do about it
> or where to look?
>

> Every update does something like this to me.
> There is always some problem that takes me weeks or months to fix.
> It's why I wait for EOL before updating.

Michael,

Point of clarification... Is the printer itself emitting PS back to the
host, or is your driver generating PS code that the printer doesn't
understand?

--Doc Savage
Fairview Heights, IL