Old 08-11-2010, 02:10 PM
"Paul F. Johnson"

Default Recovering a Ghost Image

Hi,

Just before my old laptop was destroyed by the dog (don't ask), I made a
back up from the laptop using Norton Ghost 15 thinking I would be able
to use Norton via Wine to recover the archives.

Turns out that N15 won't run under Wine and won't boot via another
laptop (way too old).

Shortly after the backup, my RAID array on the main machine went belly
up, so I also lost a pile of stuff from there, but not the stuff from
the old laptop (held on a different drive).

Is there any way to dearchive a Norton image via qemu or something like
that?

TTFN

Paul