Old 08-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Joachim Backes

Default lost shutdown button in the gnome System menu

Hi,

from time to time, the shutdown/restart button in the Gnome "system"
menu is lost on my box, and I can't imagine, why.

"Add to panel->menu bar" added a new system menu to the panel, but
there, the shutdown button was missing too :-( Additionally, the usage
of alacarte (menu editing) was not helpful.

Can anybody tell me how to restore that entry, or, generally spoken,
howto restore the complete mnu entries.?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes