Old 08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
"Christoph A."

Default flash-plugin-10.1.82.76 not working within SELinux sandbox

Hi,

since the flash-plugin update (v10.1.82.76) yesterday, it is not working
anymore within a SELinux sandbox.
If firefox is not running within a sandbox flash works fine.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and found the underlying problem?

kind regards,
Christoph

Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Old 08-11-2010, 02:27 PM
"Christoph A."

On 08/11/2010 03:36 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 08/11/2010 08:41 AM, Christoph A. wrote:
>> Hi,
>
>> since the flash-plugin update (v10.1.82.76) yesterday, it is not working
>> anymore within a SELinux sandbox.
>> If firefox is not running within a sandbox flash works fine.
>
>> Has anyone experienced the same issue and found the underlying problem?
>
>> kind regards,
>> Christoph
>

> What AVC are you seeing?

There are no AVCs in /var/log/audit/audit.log while trying to access a
flash site within a sandbox. Firefox just tells me that I need to
install flash.
If I open aboutlugins in a sandboxed firefox flash does not even show up.
First I thought that flash is installed locally in ~/.mozilla/plugins
but that was not the case. That folder is empty.
Maybe there is just a missing link somewhere?

rpm -q --filesbypkg flash-plugin
flash-plugin /usr/lib/flash-plugin
flash-plugin /usr/lib/flash-plugin/LICENSE
flash-plugin /usr/lib/flash-plugin/README
flash-plugin /usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup
flash-plugin /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
flash-plugin /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup
flash-plugin /usr/share/doc/flash-plugin-10.1.82.76
flash-plugin /usr/share/doc/flash-plugin-10.1.82.76/readme.txt

Kind regards,
Christoph

Old 08-11-2010, 07:56 PM

"Christoph A." <casmls@gmail.com> writes:
> If I open aboutlugins in a sandboxed firefox flash does not even show up.
> First I thought that flash is installed locally in ~/.mozilla/plugins
> but that was not the case. That folder is empty.
> Maybe there is just a missing link somewhere?
> flash-plugin /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so

Are you sure that mozilla looks there? Here is where I install it on a
64-bit system.

/usr/lib64/chromium-browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

I'd assume on a 32bit system it would go in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ .

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ (IPv6-only)

Old 08-11-2010, 08:03 PM
"Christoph A."

On 08/11/2010 09:56 PM, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:

> "Christoph A." <casmls@gmail.com> writes:
>> If I open aboutlugins in a sandboxed firefox flash does not even show up.
>> First I thought that flash is installed locally in ~/.mozilla/plugins
>> but that was not the case. That folder is empty.
>> Maybe there is just a missing link somewhere?
>> flash-plugin /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
>
> Are you sure that mozilla looks there? Here is where I install it on a
> 64-bit system.
> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

cd /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
ln -s /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so .

fixed it.
Thank you.

The remaining question would be:
Why was it working out of the sandbox without problems..?

kind regards,
Christoph

Old 08-11-2010, 09:05 PM
"Christoph A."

On 08/11/2010 10:03 PM, Christoph A. wrote:
> On 08/11/2010 09:56 PM, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>>
>> "Christoph A." <casmls@gmail.com> writes:
>>> If I open aboutlugins in a sandboxed firefox flash does not even show up.
>>> First I thought that flash is installed locally in ~/.mozilla/plugins
>>> but that was not the case. That folder is empty.
>>> Maybe there is just a missing link somewhere?
>>> flash-plugin /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
>>
>> Are you sure that mozilla looks there? Here is where I install it on a
>> 64-bit system.
>> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
>
> cd /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
> ln -s /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so .
>
> fixed it.

It seams that this didn't fix it entirely - in some cases it doesn't
work again...
I'll have to dig deeper..

Kind regards,
Christoph

Old 08-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Sam Varshavchik

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht writes:

"Christoph A." <casmls@gmail.com> writes:

If I open aboutlugins in a sandboxed firefox flash does not even show up.
First I thought that flash is installed locally in ~/.mozilla/plugins
but that was not the case. That folder is empty.
Maybe there is just a missing link somewhere?

flash-plugin /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so

Are you sure that mozilla looks there? Here is where I install it on a
64-bit system.

/usr/lib64/chromium-browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

I'd assume on a 32bit system it would go in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ .

The flash-plugin rpm has a %post script that shoves a symlink into
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

Old 08-12-2010, 12:43 AM

"Christoph A." <casmls@gmail.com> writes:
> It seams that this didn't fix it entirely - in some cases it doesn't
> work again...
> I'll have to dig deeper..

Try just copying it. If the mozilla does a chroot the symlink may be
outside of what it can access.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ (IPv6-only)

Old 08-12-2010, 10:52 AM
"Christoph A."

On 08/12/2010 02:43 AM, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:

> "Christoph A." <casmls@gmail.com> writes:
>> It seams that this didn't fix it entirely - in some cases it doesn't
>> work again...
>> I'll have to dig deeper..
>
> Try just copying it. If the mozilla does a chroot the symlink may be
> outside of what it can access.

I copied it to
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
and
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
but it didn't resolve the problem.

The interesting thing is, that it still works without the sandbox if I
remove the plugin from both locations..

kind regards,
Christoph

Old 08-12-2010, 12:18 PM
"Christoph A."

On 08/12/2010 03:07 PM, nux@li.nux.ro wrote:
> Christoph A. writes:

>>> Try just copying it. If the mozilla does a chroot the symlink may be
>>> outside of what it can access.
>>
>> I copied it to
>> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
>> and
>> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
>> but it didn't resolve the problem.
>>
>> The interesting thing is, that it still works without the sandbox if I
>> remove the plugin from both locations..

Sorry, I have to revise that, I didn't restart firefox after removing
it. It didn't work after restarting firefox (= expected behavior).

So the right location is /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
but somehow firefox running in a sandbox doesn't get that..?

Kind regards,
Christoph