Old 08-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Claude Jones

Default selinux throwing incomprehensible errors when trying to run GoogleEarth (Solved)

On Wednesday, July 28, 2010, Claude Jones wrote:
> Dan Walsh's suggestions took care of the Selinux problem. The
> second problem had to do with running x64 - Google is aware of
> the issue and this page goes into it:
>
> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/earth/thread?tid=314c37c5
> 83d3ba62&hl=en
>
> Some have gotten successful performance by installing the
> 32-bit xorg-x11-drv 32 bit libs for their video card. In my
> case, installing the 32-bit libs finally allowed GoogleEarth
> to open, but the performance was hyper-sluggish and unusable
> and the program eventually just froze - on my system, I'm
> running the proprietary nVidia 195.36.31 driver with a G72
> [GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS] (rev a1) video card (not too
> dissimilar to setups that folks claimed sucess with on the
> above page)

The performance problem solved itself. I can't say whether it was
a reboot, or some updates, because both of these took place after
I'd encountered the problem and then saw resolution. But,
GoogleEarth works perfectly now.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA