Old 08-09-2010, 08:58 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default F13: Thunderbird 3.1.1 crashes alot, especially when it's idle?

Seems there are quite a few bugs reported, but I
am not sure if I should send abrt bug reports or just
ignore it (clear the crash data) and wait for an update?

Anyone experiencing TB crashes, if so, is it often?
So far today, it crashed at least 8 times over a
couple of hours...

FWIW,
Dan

Old 08-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Frank Murphy

On 09/08/10 21:58, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Anyone experiencing TB crashes, if so, is it often?
> So far today, it crashed at least 8 times over a
> couple of hours...
>
> FWIW,
> Dan

No, just on exit at times,
which I ignore, as noting is lost.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora

Old 08-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Michael Miles

Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 09/08/10 21:58, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>
>> Anyone experiencing TB crashes, if so, is it often?
>> So far today, it crashed at least 8 times over a
>> couple of hours...
>>
>> FWIW,
>> Dan
>>

> No, just on exit at times,
> which I ignore, as noting is lost.

Not crashing but really buggy...Have switched over to SeaMonkey and a
lot of Thunderbird problems have disappeared.

I find SeaMonkey to be faster and functionality much better.
The one that really bugged me with TB is deleting a message then the
actual header would not show in the field.
When I delete it the message at the bottom of my list would be deleted.
Not the one I was trying to delete.

I totally gave up on it.
SeaMonkey is very good and problems like these are gone