Old 08-09-2010, 06:39 PM

Default Linksys WUSB600N ver. 2

On 08/09/2010 02:01 PM, JD wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 09:57 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> No.... It did not....
>>
> OK, Mr. binary - so what was the original compilation error message
> that prompted you to start this thread?
>
> Also, do you or do you not want to work with a working rt2860 driver
> which I offered to send you?

I really would like for all of us to work together on this, I'm sure
you two gurus can put your heads together and solve it , so all Fedora users
would have it to use.

So please, Ed, JD put your differences aside and work together. I'm
sure each of you will learn something new.

I really do appreciate you guys helping me.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Ed Greshko

On 08/10/2010 02:39 AM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 02:01 PM, JD wrote:
>> On 08/09/2010 09:57 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> No.... It did not....
>>>
>> OK, Mr. binary - so what was the original compilation error message
>> that prompted you to start this thread?
>>
>> Also, do you or do you not want to work with a working rt2860 driver
>> which I offered to send you?
>>

> I really would like for all of us to work together on this, I'm sure
> you two gurus can put your heads together and solve it , so all Fedora users
> would have it to use.
>
> So please, Ed, JD put your differences aside and work together. I'm
> sure each of you will learn something new.
>
> I really do appreciate you guys helping me.

One more time.....

Did you make the changes I asked you to and try to recompile again?

It isn't a matter of differences.

I reproduced your problem....exactly....according to your compile output
that you posted on fpaste.org.

I then took the time to troubleshoot the Makefile process...and found
exactly what the problem was...I then made changes to the Makefile and
the other file....and I have successfully compiled the driver from the
exactly same source code tar file that you downloaded.

So....I have *actually* done it. I am not sitting around speculating on
what may be the problem.

Again....

1. I reproduced exactly your problem on my system.
2. I found a fix for it.
3. I successfully compiled.
4. I told you what the how to fix it.

What more would you like?

It is 3:30AM here in Taiwan. The only reason I'm writing this is my cat
woke me....

Have a look at

http://fpaste.org/WaSp/

Proof enough?

--
It's a small step for a man, but a giant leap for nomekind. (Truckers)
葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段

Old 08-09-2010, 08:29 PM
JD

On 08/09/2010 12:51 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 02:39 AM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
>>>>
>>> OK, Mr. binary - so what was the original compilation error message
>>> that prompted you to start this thread?
>>>
>>> Also, do you or do you not want to work with a working rt2860 driver
>>> which I offered to send you?
>>>

>> I really would like for all of us to work together on this, I'm sure
>> you two gurus can put your heads together and solve it , so all Fedora users
>> would have it to use.
>>
>> So please, Ed, JD put your differences aside and work together. I'm
>> sure each of you will learn something new.
>>
>> I really do appreciate you guys helping me.
> One more time.....
>
> Did you make the changes I asked you to and try to recompile again?
>
> It isn't a matter of differences.
>
> I reproduced your problem....exactly....according to your compile output
> that you posted on fpaste.org.
>
> I then took the time to troubleshoot the Makefile process...and found
> exactly what the problem was...I then made changes to the Makefile and
> the other file....and I have successfully compiled the driver from the
> exactly same source code tar file that you downloaded.
>
> So....I have *actually* done it. I am not sitting around speculating on
> what may be the problem.
>
> Again....
>
> 1. I reproduced exactly your problem on my system.
> 2. I found a fix for it.
> 3. I successfully compiled.
> 4. I told you what the how to fix it.
>
> What more would you like?
>
> It is 3:30AM here in Taiwan. The only reason I'm writing this is my cat
> woke me....
>
> Have a look at
>
> http://fpaste.org/WaSp/
>
> Proof enough?

Ed, perhaps his kernel differs from the one you are using.
I believe he is using the vanilla fedora kernel, and not the
rpmfusion kernel. Is this the case, Mr. BinaryNut?

Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 PM

On 08/09/2010 03:51 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 02:39 AM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
>>>>
>>> OK, Mr. binary - so what was the original compilation error message
>>> that prompted you to start this thread?
>>>
>>> Also, do you or do you not want to work with a working rt2860 driver
>>> which I offered to send you?
>>>

>> I really would like for all of us to work together on this, I'm sure
>> you two gurus can put your heads together and solve it , so all Fedora users
>> would have it to use.
>>
>> So please, Ed, JD put your differences aside and work together. I'm
>> sure each of you will learn something new.
>>
>> I really do appreciate you guys helping me.
> One more time.....
>
> Did you make the changes I asked you to and try to recompile again?
>
> It isn't a matter of differences.
>
> I reproduced your problem....exactly....according to your compile output
> that you posted on fpaste.org.
>
> I then took the time to troubleshoot the Makefile process...and found
> exactly what the problem was...I then made changes to the Makefile and
> the other file....and I have successfully compiled the driver from the
> exactly same source code tar file that you downloaded.
>
> So....I have *actually* done it. I am not sitting around speculating on
> what may be the problem.
>
> Again....
>
> 1. I reproduced exactly your problem on my system.
> 2. I found a fix for it.
> 3. I successfully compiled.
> 4. I told you what the how to fix it.
>
> What more would you like?
>
> It is 3:30AM here in Taiwan. The only reason I'm writing this is my cat
> woke me....
>
> Have a look at
>
> http://fpaste.org/WaSp/
>
> Proof enough?

Yes I made the changes and the latest "make" dump is at
http://fpaste.org/bAoE/

Old 08-09-2010, 08:55 PM

On 08/09/2010 04:29 PM, JD wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 12:51 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:

>>> I really would like for all of us to work together on this, I'm sure
>>> you two gurus can put your heads together and solve it , so all Fedora users
>>> would have it to use.
>>>
>>> So please, Ed, JD put your differences aside and work together. I'm
>>> sure each of you will learn something new.
>>>
>>> I really do appreciate you guys helping me.
>> One more time.....
>>
>> Did you make the changes I asked you to and try to recompile again?
>>
>> It isn't a matter of differences.
>>
>> I reproduced your problem....exactly....according to your compile output
>> that you posted on fpaste.org.
>>
>> I then took the time to troubleshoot the Makefile process...and found
>> exactly what the problem was...I then made changes to the Makefile and
>> the other file....and I have successfully compiled the driver from the
>> exactly same source code tar file that you downloaded.
>>
>> So....I have *actually* done it. I am not sitting around speculating on
>> what may be the problem.
>>
>> Again....
>>
>> 1. I reproduced exactly your problem on my system.
>> 2. I found a fix for it.
>> 3. I successfully compiled.
>> 4. I told you what the how to fix it.
>>
>> What more would you like?
>>
>> It is 3:30AM here in Taiwan. The only reason I'm writing this is my cat
>> woke me....
>>
>> Have a look at
>>
>> http://fpaste.org/WaSp/
>>
>> Proof enough?
>>
> Ed, perhaps his kernel differs from the one you are using.
> I believe he is using the vanilla fedora kernel, and not the
> rpmfusion kernel. Is this the case, Mr. BinaryNut?

Yes that is Correct.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:01 PM

On 08/09/2010 04:29 PM, JD wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 12:51 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:

>>> I really would like for all of us to work together on this, I'm sure
>>> you two gurus can put your heads together and solve it , so all Fedora users
>>> would have it to use.
>>>
>>> So please, Ed, JD put your differences aside and work together. I'm
>>> sure each of you will learn something new.
>>>
>>> I really do appreciate you guys helping me.
>> One more time.....
>>
>> Did you make the changes I asked you to and try to recompile again?
>>
>> It isn't a matter of differences.
>>
>> I reproduced your problem....exactly....according to your compile output
>> that you posted on fpaste.org.
>>
>> I then took the time to troubleshoot the Makefile process...and found
>> exactly what the problem was...I then made changes to the Makefile and
>> the other file....and I have successfully compiled the driver from the
>> exactly same source code tar file that you downloaded.
>>
>> So....I have *actually* done it. I am not sitting around speculating on
>> what may be the problem.
>>
>> Again....
>>
>> 1. I reproduced exactly your problem on my system.
>> 2. I found a fix for it.
>> 3. I successfully compiled.
>> 4. I told you what the how to fix it.
>>
>> What more would you like?
>>
>> It is 3:30AM here in Taiwan. The only reason I'm writing this is my cat
>> woke me....
>>
>> Have a look at
>>
>> http://fpaste.org/WaSp/
>>
>> Proof enough?
>>
> Ed, perhaps his kernel differs from the one you are using.
> I believe he is using the vanilla fedora kernel, and not the
> rpmfusion kernel. Is this the case, Mr. BinaryNut?

I tried to install that kernel-src rpm and this is the output I get.

uname -a
Linux inspiron 2.6.33.6-147.2.4.fc13.i686 #1 SMP Fri Jul 23 17:27:40 UTC
2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

yum localinstall --nogpg kernel-2.6.33.6-147.2.4.fc13.src.rpm
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit, remove-with-leaves
Setting up Local Package Process
Examining kernel-2.6.33.6-147.2.4.fc13.src.rpm:
kernel-2.6.33.6-147.2.4.fc13.src
Cannot add package kernel-2.6.33.6-147.2.4.fc13.src.rpm to transaction.
Not a compatible architecture: src

Old 08-09-2010, 09:22 PM

I was running the rpm -ivh and all of a sudden I get this, I didn't
install a Group mockbuild

warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
[root@inspiron Downloads]#

Old 08-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Ed Greshko

On 08/10/2010 04:53 AM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
> Yes I made the changes and the latest "make" dump is at
> http://fpaste.org/bAoE/

I do not believe you made the correct changes....

The line 6 from your pastbin shows...

cp -f os/linux/Makefile.4
/home/jim/Downloads/RT3572/2010_0709_RT3572_Linux_STA_v2.4.0.1/os/linux/Makefile

Notice "Makefile.4"....

This indicates that the build is still trying to do a kernel 2.4 build!

Would you accept a tar file emailed directly from me to try?

--
But like the Good Book says... There's BIGGER DEALS to come! 葛斯克 愛德
華 / 台北市八德路四段

Old 08-09-2010, 10:20 PM

On 08/09/2010 06:10 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 04:53 AM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
>> Yes I made the changes and the latest "make" dump is at
>> http://fpaste.org/bAoE/
> I do not believe you made the correct changes....
>
> The line 6 from your pastbin shows...
>
> cp -f os/linux/Makefile.4
> /home/jim/Downloads/RT3572/2010_0709_RT3572_Linux_STA_v2.4.0.1/os/linux/Makefile
>
> Notice "Makefile.4"....
>
> This indicates that the build is still trying to do a kernel 2.4 build!
>
> Would you accept a tar file emailed directly from me to try?

Yes,
Is it another RT3572.tar ?

Old 08-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Ed Greshko

On 08/10/2010 06:20 AM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 06:10 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 08/10/2010 04:53 AM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
>>> Yes I made the changes and the latest "make" dump is at
>>> http://fpaste.org/bAoE/
>> I do not believe you made the correct changes....
>>
>> The line 6 from your pastbin shows...
>>
>> cp -f os/linux/Makefile.4
>> /home/jim/Downloads/RT3572/2010_0709_RT3572_Linux_STA_v2.4.0.1/os/linux/Makefile
>>
>> Notice "Makefile.4"....
>>
>> This indicates that the build is still trying to do a kernel 2.4 build!
>>
>> Would you accept a tar file emailed directly from me to try?
>>
> Yes,
> Is it another RT3572.tar ?

No....it is just the same one with the proper modifications.

--
Tax reform means "Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that fellow behind
the tree." -- Russell Long 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段