Old 08-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Brian Wood

Default command to lock screen

Yesterday I accidentally logged myself out rather than
locking the screen. I was kind of in a hurry and clicked
on the item below lock screen. That caused me
trouble and don't want that to happen ever again. Is
there a command I can run to lock the screen? Tia.

--
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises

Old 08-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Chris Tyler

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 11:25 -0500, Brian Wood wrote:
> Yesterday I accidentally logged myself out rather than
> locking the screen. I was kind of in a hurry and clicked
> on the item below lock screen. That caused me
> trouble and don't want that to happen ever again. Is
> there a command I can run to lock the screen? Tia.

In Gnome, you can do it from the keyboard: Ctrl-Alt-L

-Chris