Old 08-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Frank Murphy

Default FEL was Hi

On 07/08/10 08:10, Árpád Attila Bakos wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm Arpad Attila Bakos, 25 years old guy interested in open-source
> software and hardware,from Hungary.
> Working as a repair technician at a world leader mobile phone company
> I've met a Fedora ambassador, who adviced me to join FEL.

Hi Árpád,
If your are interested in FEL,
this is a good place to start:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ElectronicLab_Spin

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora

Old 08-07-2010, 12:07 PM

On 08/07/2010 08:42 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 07/08/10 08:10, Arpad Attila Bakos wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I'm Arpad Attila Bakos, 25 years old guy interested in open-source
>> software and hardware,from Hungary.
>> Working as a repair technician at a world leader mobile phone company
>> I've met a Fedora ambassador, who adviced me to join FEL.
>>

> Hi Arpad,
> If your are interested in FEL,
> this is a good place to start:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ElectronicLab_Spin

hello arpad,

did not see your original post. maybe it was html and not plain text.

for information on FEL, check these links;

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel/

this is not all for FEL, but web pages are undergoing drastic changes
and i do not find rest of links.

btw, in future, please do not send emails in html. thank you.

hth.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
**
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

Old 08-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Marko Vojinovic

On Saturday, August 07, 2010 13:07:51 g wrote:
> did not see your original post. maybe it was html and not plain text.
[snip]
> btw, in future, please do not send emails in html. thank you.

He didn't send it in html, I received the first post with no problem. Maybe it
got caught by your spam filter or something. Here:

http://old.nabble.com/Hi-to29373157.html

HTH, :-)
Marko

Old 08-07-2010, 03:47 PM

On 08/07/2010 03:12 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
<snip>

> He didn't send it in html, I received the first post with no problem.

actually, he sent *two* 'text/html'. one to this list, one to FEL list.

> Maybe it got caught by your spam filter or something.

my spam filter *did not* catch them. it knows better.

my thunderbird filter rule for "Content-Type: text/html" caught them;

Applied filter "= html - Content-Type: text/html" to message from Árpád Attila
Bakos <jaxxco@gmail.com> - [free-electronic-lab] Hi at 08/07/2010 07:10:19
AM moved message id =
AANLkTinW2KDbXuSs7_aLbuUHbcKYes3xpVDaSJtU6C8V@mail .gmail.com to
mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/html

Applied filter "= html - Content-Type: text/html" to message from Árpád Attila
Bakos <jaxxco@gmail.com> - Hi at 08/07/2010 07:10:43 AM moved message id =
AANLkTikeCnxfORCpT=0E0T3SJDv=2woOA=k+Ne8+rkFj@mail .gmail.com to
mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/html

> Here:
> http://old.nabble.com/Hi-to29373157.html

which does not show source of emails.

> HTH, :-) Marko

might help you think it was not html.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
**
**

Old 08-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Marko Vojinovic

On Saturday, August 07, 2010 16:47:32 g wrote:
> On 08/07/2010 03:12 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > He didn't send it in html, I received the first post with no problem.
>
> actually, he sent *two* 'text/html'. one to this list, one to FEL list.
>
> > Maybe it got caught by your spam filter or something.
>
> my spam filter *did not* catch them. it knows better.
>
> my thunderbird filter rule for "Content-Type: text/html" caught them;
>
> Applied filter "= html - Content-Type: text/html" to message from Árpád
> Attila Bakos <jaxxco@gmail.com> - [free-electronic-lab] Hi at 08/07/2010
> 07:10:19 AM moved message id =
> AANLkTinW2KDbXuSs7_aLbuUHbcKYes3xpVDaSJtU6C8V@mail .gmail.com to
> mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/html

Well, I typically don't bother to look at e-mail headers, but rather rely on
KMail yelling and screaming when a html message arrives, which it didn't do in
the OP's case. Below are the full headers of the message I received. Note that
the content-type line declares multipart/mixed rather than text/html.

I typically delete html mail (manually) without reading it, unless I recognize
the sender as my personal acquaintance or otherwise non-ordinary. I trust
detection of incoming html mail to KMail (with default settings). Usually,
when a html message arrives, KMail displays a big red warning and asks me if I
want it to display the message --- which I almost never do.

But in the OP's case KMail displayed the message without any warnings, like a
regular plain text message, and gave me no reason to suspect it to be html.
Hence my assumption about your spam filter.

All this aside, I never actually bothered to understand how is mail classified
to be html or not, by various filters and applications. But I just fail to see
a single html tag in the body of the message below. Intuitively speaking, I
would say it is not a html message --- there is no html code inside it. At
least I don't see any.

Am I missing something?

Here is the message with full headers, as KMail sees it (forgive me for not
trimming anything):

Old 08-08-2010, 01:49 PM
James McKenzie

Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> Here is the message with full headers, as KMail sees it (forgive me for not
> trimming anything):
>
> Subject: Hi
> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C1rp=E1d_Attila_Bakos?= <jaxxco@gmail.com>

He is using the GMail send agent, probably the Web Mail interface. It
creates HTML mail by default.

This is HTML mail. If it were text, this would be text/plain...

GMail's default is to sent both text/plain and text/html. g's mail
filter caught it.

James McKenzie