Old 08-06-2010, 03:41 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default F12: How to save desktop settings?

I have yet to discover a foolproof way to save my
desktop settings, as it appears to save the first time
once one checks System>Preferences>Personal>
Startup Applications:Options>Automatically remember...,
but once one adds more things to the desktop, these
new additions were not saved.

So, how do I save these new desktop additions?

I tried different permutations and still have not
found a consistent saving method...

Finally, when will the fedora team put that save
desktop button back into place?

Old 08-06-2010, 04:22 PM
suvayu ali

On 6 August 2010 08:41, Daniel B. Thurman <dant@cdkkt.com> wrote:
> Finally, when will the fedora team put that save
> desktop button back into place?

Isn't there a save session check box when you log out? At least I see
it on XFCE.

--
Suvayu

Old 08-06-2010, 06:33 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

On 08/06/2010 09:22 AM, suvayu ali wrote:
> On 6 August 2010 08:41, Daniel B. Thurman<dant@cdkkt.com> wrote:
>
>> Finally, when will the fedora team put that save
>> desktop button back into place?
>>

> Isn't there a save session check box when you log out? At least I see
> it on XFCE.

Yes, there is, but the problem is, that using it appears to be a
catch-22 situation and you have no feedback as to whether or not your
desktop settings are properly saved. If you enable the checkbox, you
will have to cross your fingers and hope that it works when rebooting or
logging out and logging back in. I find that only the first desktop
workspace for Gnome terminals are saved, the other workspaces may or may
not be saved or all apps from the other workspaces appear in the first
workspace, forcing one to move the apps back into the original workspace
locations. This appears to be true for Firefox and Amarok. Other
times, Firefox and Amarok apps would simply disappear. Saving the
desktop settings are really screwy and unstable as it is, or so I think.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Genes MailLists

On 08/06/2010 02:33 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

I have a feeling this was fixed in f13 - at least I definitely recall
the problem in F12 and I do not have it in F13 ...

Old 08-08-2010, 11:45 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

On 08/06/2010 12:00 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 08/06/2010 02:33 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>

> I have a feeling this was fixed in f13 - at least I definitely recall
> the problem in F12 and I do not have it in F13 ...

FYI: I installed F13, and the problem is still there,
it is not fixed. Grr...