Old 01-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Chris Jones

Default Correct instal for AMD Sempron Processor

Hi,

No experience with your board or raid controller, but i386 install works
fine on 64 bit amd processors.
Unless you specifically know you need 64 bit, it usually is better to
install 32 bit (i386).

These days I would go the other way. If you machine supports 64bit then
use that unless you have some special reasons for preferring the 32bit
version.
For the odd few things that don't yet work on 64bit installations (flash
plugin for instance), you can just install the 32 bit version and use
that (I do just this with firefox).

cheers Chris

Old 01-18-2008, 03:42 PM
"John BORIS"

Even though the 64bit installed it will not start up. The Graphical
Interface will not startup and then it will Panic. So something on this
setup isn't living well with the rest of the group. So I am going to try
the non 64bit version and see what happens.

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia

"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"