Old 08-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Richard Shaw

Default Test upgrade from F13 to F14 using LVM snapshot?

I was thinking of trying a DVD based upgrade (or pre-upgrade) from F13
to F14 Alpha (or later Beta, etc) using LVM snapshots so if things go
poorly I theoretically would just have to drop the snapshots and
things would go back to F13. The exception would be the /boot
partition, but it should be possible to keep my old kernels, yes?

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,
Richard

Old 08-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Michael Semcheski

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:
> The exception would be the /boot
> partition, but it should be possible to keep my old kernels, yes?

I haven't tried this, but if everything else works, you ought to be
able to make an image of /boot using dd. (/boot being a relatively
small partition.)