FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-02-2010, 06:31 AM
j.halifax .
 
Default USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD

Hi All,

Could you help me pls with installing fc13 distribution
of Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD from USB?

I have created 8GB USB flash memory installation media
with LiveUSB-Creator on MSW and used it for USB installation.

After creating Install Target Device (HD) I got the following
Error Message:

==================
Missing ISO 0660 Image
The installer has tried to mount image #1 but cannot find
it on the hard drive.
Please copy this image to the device and click Retry.
==================

I can install Fedora-13-x86_64-Live but then I don't know
how to install the additional applications included in the
Full fc13 Distribution.

Any idea what should I do!

Thank you so much!
jh


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-02-2010, 06:49 AM
JD
 
Default USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD

On 08/01/2010 11:31 PM, j.halifax . wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Could you help me pls with installing fc13 distribution
> of Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD from USB?
>
> I have created 8GB USB flash memory installation media
> with LiveUSB-Creator on MSW and used it for USB installation.
>
> After creating Install Target Device (HD) I got the following
> Error Message:
>
> ==================
> Missing ISO 0660 Image
> The installer has tried to mount image #1 but cannot find
> it on the hard drive.
> Please copy this image to the device and click Retry.
> ==================
>
> I can install Fedora-13-x86_64-Live but then I don't know
> how to install the additional applications included in the
> Full fc13 Distribution.
>
> Any idea what should I do!
>
> Thank you so much!
> jh
I do not know if the Windows version has bugs or not.
I used an existing fedora to install the F13 iso onto an 8GB usb stick.
Here is how I did it:
sudo /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr
/tmp/Fedora-13-i386-DVD.iso /dev/sde

where /dev/sde is my USB stick drive.

I can boot this usb stick and install F13 onto hard drive without any
issues.

Good luck.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-02-2010, 07:05 AM
j.halifax .
 
Default USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD

Thank you!

> Here is how I did it:
> sudo /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr

Is the /livecd-iso-to-disk included in Fedora Live?

Thanks.



> ------------ Původn* zpráva ------------
> Od: JD <jd1008@gmail.com>
> Předmět: Re: USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD
> Datum: 02.8.2010 08:50:32
> ----------------------------------------
> On 08/01/2010 11:31 PM, j.halifax . wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Could you help me pls with installing fc13 distribution
> > of Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD from USB?
> >
> > I have created 8GB USB flash memory installation media
> > with LiveUSB-Creator on MSW and used it for USB installation.
> >
> > After creating Install Target Device (HD) I got the following
> > Error Message:
> >
> > ==================
> > Missing ISO 0660 Image
> > The installer has tried to mount image #1 but cannot find
> > it on the hard drive.
> > Please copy this image to the device and click Retry.
> > ==================
> >
> > I can install Fedora-13-x86_64-Live but then I don't know
> > how to install the additional applications included in the
> > Full fc13 Distribution.
> >
> > Any idea what should I do!
> >
> > Thank you so much!
> > jh
> I do not know if the Windows version has bugs or not.
> I used an existing fedora to install the F13 iso onto an 8GB usb stick.
> Here is how I did it:
> sudo /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr
> /tmp/Fedora-13-i386-DVD.iso /dev/sde
>
> where /dev/sde is my USB stick drive.
>
> I can boot this usb stick and install F13 onto hard drive without any
> issues.
>
> Good luck.
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>
>
>
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-02-2010, 07:51 AM
JD
 
Default USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD

On 08/02/2010 12:05 AM, j.halifax . wrote:
> Thank you!
>
>> Here is how I did it:
>> sudo /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr
> Is the /livecd-iso-to-disk included in Fedora Live?
>
> Thanks.
I do not think so. It is provided by:

$ rpm -qf --whatprovides /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk
livecd-tools-031-1.fc12.1.i686

So you will need to yum nstall livecd-tools

CHeers,

JD
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-02-2010, 08:20 AM
j.halifax .
 
Default USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD

Thank you...
> $ rpm -qf --whatprovides /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk
> livecd-tools-031-1.fc12.1.i686

That's bad as I have no Internet yet.. ((

Thanks anyway...


So you will need to yum nstall livecd-tools
> ------------ Původn* zpráva ------------
> Od: JD <jd1008@gmail.com>
> Předmět: Re: USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD
> Datum: 02.8.2010 09:52:27
> ----------------------------------------
> On 08/02/2010 12:05 AM, j.halifax . wrote:
> > Thank you!
> >
> >> Here is how I did it:
> >> sudo /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr
> > Is the /livecd-iso-to-disk included in Fedora Live?
> >
> > Thanks.
> I do not think so. It is provided by:
>
> $ rpm -qf --whatprovides /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk
> livecd-tools-031-1.fc12.1.i686
>
> So you will need to yum nstall livecd-tools
>
> CHeers,
>
> JD
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>
>
>
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-02-2010, 01:08 PM
"Darr"
 
Default USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD

On Monday, 02 August, 2010 @06:31 zulu, j.halifax scribed:

> I have created 8GB USB flash memory installation media
> with LiveUSB-Creator on MSW and used it for USB installation.
>
> After creating Install Target Device (HD) I got the following
> Error Message:
>
> ==================
> Missing ISO 0660 Image


That program creates a bootable Live USB, not a bootable
installation USB. To turn the stick that program makes into
an installation USB stick, copy the ISO to the thumbdrive, too.

If you want to make your writable space larger (how big did
you set the 'Persistent Storage' slider?), delete the /packages
and /repodata subdirectories from the stick before copying
the ISO file to the USB stick.

Near the beginning of the install, anaconda will give you a
dialog and ask where the ISO is... it's typically in /sdb.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
JD
 
Default USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD

On 08/02/2010 06:08 AM, Darr wrote:
> On Monday, 02 August, 2010 @06:31 zulu, j.halifax scribed:
>
>> I have created 8GB USB flash memory installation media
>> with LiveUSB-Creator on MSW and used it for USB installation.
>>
>> After creating Install Target Device (HD) I got the following
>> Error Message:
>>
>> ==================
>> Missing ISO 0660 Image
>
> That program creates a bootable Live USB, not a bootable
> installation USB. To turn the stick that program makes into
> an installation USB stick, copy the ISO to the thumbdrive, too.
>
> If you want to make your writable space larger (how big did
> you set the 'Persistent Storage' slider?), delete the /packages
> and /repodata subdirectories from the stick before copying
> the ISO file to the USB stick.
>
> Near the beginning of the install, anaconda will give you a
> dialog and ask where the ISO is... it's typically in /sdb.
Ahem... I have been very successful in installing the full F13 dvd iso
onto an 8GB thumb drive using
sudo /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr
/tmp/Fedora-13-i386-DVD.iso /dev/sde
where /dev/sde is my thumb drive
and I am able to boot the thumb drive and it gives me the same install
menus as the regular DVD.
I have successfully installed F13 onto HD using this thumb drive.

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-02-2010, 05:17 PM
JD
 
Default USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD

On 08/02/2010 01:20 AM, j.halifax . wrote:
> Thank you...
>> $ rpm -qf --whatprovides /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk
>> livecd-tools-031-1.fc12.1.i686
> That's bad as I have no Internet yet.. ((
>
> Thanks anyway...
>
.....snip.....

I was wrong about livecd-iso-to-disk not being present on the live iso
image.
It is there.
If you boot the live iso from cdrom, you will be able
open a terminal
su -
mount the windows partition so you can see the F13 full DVD iso
find out what is the disk name of your usb thumb drive
(assuming it is /dev/sdc):
livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr PATH-TO-Fedora-13-i386-DVD.iso
/dev/sdc

and it will work .


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Richard Shaw
 
Default USB Install problem with Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 1:31 AM, j.halifax . <j.halifax@seznam.cz> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Could you help me pls with installing fc13 distribution
> of Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD from USB?
>
> I have created 8GB USB flash memory installation media
> with LiveUSB-Creator on MSW and used it for USB installation.
>
> After creating Install Target Device (HD) I got the following
> Error Message:
>
> ==================
> Missing ISO 0660 Image
> The installer has tried to mount image #1 but cannot find
> it on the hard drive.
> Please copy this image to the device and click Retry.
> ==================
>
> I can install Fedora-13-x86_64-Live but then I don't know
> how to install the additional applications included in the
> Full fc13 Distribution.
>
> Any idea what should I do!

I ran into a similar problem[1] with F13 RC3. In my case it found the
ISO for the purposes of loading the install image but for whatever
reason it could not find the packages. I finally had to unmount
/mnt/isodisk and manually mount the install ISO there and the
installation continued.

Richard

[1] http://osdir.com/ml/users/2010-05/msg04100.html
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:39 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org