Old 08-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Seth Cohen

Default Cannot boot installed F13

I have installed Fedora-13-x86_64 on a MacPro without problems. However, there seems to be no way to boot it! The MacOS (10.6.4 with all updates) does not see the Linux disk, It does see a 31GB HFS+ partition on the same physical disk, I used the default Linux partitioning on the remainder of the disk. The Linux system is first. This shows (using the Mac Disk Utility) as a 287GB Linux LVM partition. The startup disk utility does not see the Linux system. I never seem to even get to grub, let alone get an error.
The Rescue system on the install disk finds and mounts the Linux system. /boot is there and seems to have the proper contents.
It would seem that I need a MacOS bootable disk or partition which will be able to transfer control to the Linux boot, but I have no idea of how to create this. If there is a simpler method, then that would be even better. Please help.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:37 PM
"Christofer C. Bell"

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Seth Cohen <seth.c@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I have installed Fedora-13-x86_64 on a MacPro without problems. However, there seems to be no way to boot it! The MacOS (10.6.4 with all updates) does not see the Linux disk, It does see a 31GB HFS+ partition on the same physical disk, I used the default Linux partitioning on the remainder of the disk. The Linux system is first. This shows (using the Mac Disk Utility) as a 287GB Linux LVM partition. The startup disk utility does not see the Linux system. I never seem to even get to grub, let alone get an error.

What happens when you hold down Option while booting? Are you able to
see the disk there?

--
Chris