Old 08-01-2010, 03:23 AM
William Case

Default New Logitech diNovo Keyboard for Notebooks seems dead ?!?

Hi;

Is there any known problems with the Logitech diNovo Keyboard for
Notebooks. I have googled and don't seem to find anything applicable.

Any suggestions welcome. If I can't get it working I am going to have
to return it on Monday. I kind of like the style and reviews.
--
Regards Bill
Fedora 13, Gnome 2.30.2

Old 08-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Frode

William Case skrev:
> Hi;
>
> Is there any known problems with the Logitech diNovo Keyboard for
> Notebooks. I have googled and don't seem to find anything applicable.
>
> Any suggestions welcome. If I can't get it working I am going to have
> to return it on Monday. I kind of like the style and reviews.

Hi. I've used one for years without any problems, so if they haven't
changed anything in it, you could have a faulty one. I take it you have
syncronized the transceiver and keyboard? (If you haven't, press the
connect button on the tranceiver first, then the keyboard/mouse.)

Btw: if it matters: F10 and F12 at the moment.

Regards, Frode

Old 08-01-2010, 11:23 PM
William Case

Hi;

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 00:03 +0200, Frode wrote:
> William Case skrev:
> > Hi;

> Hi. I've used one for years without any problems, so if they haven't
> changed anything in it, you could have a faulty one. I take it you have
> syncronized the transceiver and keyboard? (If you haven't, press the
> connect button on the tranceiver first, then the keyboard/mouse.)

Must be faulty. The packaging was suspicious, although its a shop I have
dealt with for years. The only transeiver I received was USB antennae
'thingy' -- no connect button. The wireless mouse purchased separately
works fine included the transceiver. Double checked the manual for the
keyboard and shows no instructions for synchronizing the transceiver and
keyboard. Doesn't work in WindowsXP either although all the drivers are
loaded and upgraded.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take the keyboard back and see if they
can find out what is wrong with either the keyboard or the operator.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 13, Gnome 2.30.2

Old 08-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Anthony Messina

On Sunday, August 01, 2010 05:03:59 pm Frode wrote:
> Hi. I've used one for years without any problems, so if they haven't
> changed anything in it, you could have a faulty one. I take it you have
> syncronized the transceiver and keyboard? (If you haven't, press the
> connect button on the tranceiver first, then the keyboard/mouse.)

I too have had one for my MythTV system for years and it always worked fine F9
though F12. Though I find it doesn't work at all in F13. I suppose I could
have looked into it, but I just plugged in a USB keyboard and am just as
happy. Is there any useful information in Xorg.0.log?

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E

Old 08-11-2010, 11:20 PM
William Case

On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 19:23 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 00:03 +0200, Frode wrote:
> > William Case skrev:
> > > Hi;
>
> > Hi. I've used one for years without any problems, so if they haven't
> > changed anything in it, you could have a faulty one. I take it you have
> > syncronized the transceiver and keyboard? (If you haven't, press the
> > connect button on the tranceiver first, then the keyboard/mouse.)
> >
> Must be faulty. The packaging was suspicious, although its a shop I have
> dealt with for years. The only transeiver I received was USB antennae
> 'thingy' -- no connect button. The wireless mouse purchased separately
> works fine included the transceiver. Double checked the manual for the
> keyboard and shows no instructions for synchronizing the transceiver and
> keyboard. Doesn't work in WindowsXP either although all the drivers are
> loaded and upgraded.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take the keyboard back and see if they
> can find out what is wrong with either the keyboard or the operator.

Just because I think it is unfair not to mention how things get
resolved. I have followed threads in the past that never seem to have
reached a conclusion.

Took the keyboard back. The USB antenna/transceiver/dongle was dead.
Got a new transceiver plugged it in and everything worked. On closer
examination of the packaging, it was obvious the keyboard had been
previously purchased, returned, repackaged, restocked and sold to me.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 13, Gnome 2.30.2