Old 07-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Steven Stern

Default Shotwell new version?

The current release of shotwell is 0.6.1, and has a bunch of
improvements over the version in Fedora's repo (0.5..2). Is there a plan
to package the current release?

--
-- Steve

Old 08-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Sawrub

On 07/31/2010 08:09 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
> The current release of shotwell is 0.6.1, and has a bunch of
> improvements over the version in Fedora's repo (0.5..2). Is there a plan
> to package the current release?

F12 is with much older 0.4.3-1

[root@xbox ~]# yum list installed shotwell
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
shotwell.x86_64 0.4.3-1.fc12
@updates
[root@xbox ~]#

--
Saurabh Sharma
Linux user number: 490644

Old 08-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Frank Murphy

On 31/07/10 15:39, Steven Stern wrote:
> The current release of shotwell is 0.6.1, and has a bunch of
> improvements over the version in Fedora's repo (0.5..2). Is there a plan
> to package the current release?

Check with the package maintainers,
file an RFE in bugzilla.redhat.com.

Explaining why you want
eed the new version.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora

Old 08-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Steven Stern

On 08/01/2010 01:38 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 31/07/10 15:39, Steven Stern wrote:
>> The current release of shotwell is 0.6.1, and has a bunch of
>> improvements over the version in Fedora's repo (0.5..2). Is there a plan
>> to package the current release?
>>

> Check with the package maintainers,
> file an RFE in bugzilla.redhat.com.
>
> Explaining why you want
eed the new version.

I have done so. But, geez, it seems that a lot of stuff gets updated
without needing an RFE, especially for a product installed by default.

--
-- Steve

Old 08-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 08/02/2010 01:40 AM, Steven Stern wrote:

> I have done so. But, geez, it seems that a lot of stuff gets updated
> without needing an RFE, especially for a product installed by default.

Shotwell newer versions requires additional dependencies and hence it is
perhaps more disruptive. It makes sense to test it more in the
development branches first.

Rahul