Old 07-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Ankur Sinha

Default vim-latex trouble

hi,

I recently came across what looks like an awesome tool : vim-latex.

I've installed the fedora packages using yum.
[Ankur@localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | grep vim
vim-latex-doc-1.8.23-1.20100129.r1104.fc13.noarch
vim-latex-1.8.23-1.20100129.r1104.fc13.noarch
vim-minimal-7.2.411-1.fc13.x86_64
vim-common-7.2.411-1.fc13.x86_64
vim-vimoutliner-0.3.4-12.fc12.noarch
vim-enhanced-7.2.411-1.fc13.x86_64
vim-X11-7.2.411-1.fc13.x86_64

I'm trying to follow the official tutorial[1]. It doesn't seem to work.
The tutorial says : "If the installation went well, you should see a new
set of menus appear. Goto Tex-Suite > Templates." Creating a new file
newfile.tex doesn't cause this to happen. Am I missing out something?

On a related note, the tutorial is for the gui version of vim (vim-X11).
Would someone know how to use this on a terminal version of vim here?

[1]

--
Thanks!
Regards,