Old 07-29-2010, 10:27 PM

Default Loss of X

Fedora 13 X86_64 /KDE

Loss of Video , This computer has been running and no updates for about three weeks.
This computer is at A friends house in Panama City, Fla. about 700 miles away and he won't be able to look at the /var/log/messages.

(II) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

(II) AIGLX: screen 0 is not DRI capable

(EE) AIGX error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/lib64/libexpat.so1: invalid ELF header)

(EE) GLX: could not load software renderer

Old 08-02-2010, 05:50 AM
Gordon Messmer

On 07/29/2010 03:27 PM, binarynut@comcast.net wrote:
> (EE) AIGX error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/lib64/libexpat.so1: invalid ELF header)

I'd suggest downloading the rpm for expat (x86_64), then 'rpm -e expat'
and 'rpm -ivh expat-xxx.rpm'. Maybe save a copy of the /lib64/libexpat*
files for later examination to figure out what corrupted them. If you
don't see anything that might have, check the system RAM using
memtest86+ and check the hard disk for problems. If the hard disk
supports SMART, you can look at 'palimpsest' to see if any failures are
reported.