Old 07-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Chris Tyler

Default Help fedora 13

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 08:11 -0400, Philip Russell wrote:
> Got rid of windows, Love Fedora 13, Just not familiar with it as much
> yet
>
> Im getting a message "There are unfinished transactions remaining.
> Please run yum-complete-transaction as root."

Hi Philip,

Here's what you need to do:

1. Open a terminal (Applications>System Tools>Terminal)
2. Switch user to become the system administrator "root" (type "su" and
Enter, then enter the root password)
3. Type the command "yum-complete-transactions". It will try to complete
any incomplete package installation/removal/upgrades that are pending.
4. There may be more than one incomplete transaction, so repeat step 3
until it says that there's nothing more to do.

I noticed that you sent your e-mail to
users-owner@lists.fedoraproject.org, which is the administrative address
for the list. You should usually send questions to
users@lists.fedoraproject.org, which is the mailing list for general
discussions amongst Fedora users.

-Chris

Old 07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 08:30 -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:
> 1. Open a terminal (Applications>System Tools>Terminal)
> 2. Switch user to become the system administrator "root" (type "su"
> and
> Enter, then enter the root password)
> 3. Type the command "yum-complete-transactions". It will try to
> complete
> any incomplete package installation/removal/upgrades that are pending.
> 4. There may be more than one incomplete transaction, so repeat step 3
> until it says that there's nothing more to do.

5. Type Ctrl-D or "exit" to rescind the temporary root privileges.

poc

Old 07-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 08:30 -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 08:11 -0400, Philip Russell wrote:
> > Got rid of windows, Love Fedora 13, Just not familiar with it as much
> > yet
> >
> > Im getting a message "There are unfinished transactions remaining.
> > Please run yum-complete-transaction as root."
>
> Hi Philip,
>
> Here's what you need to do:
>
> 1. Open a terminal (Applications>System Tools>Terminal)
> 2. Switch user to become the system administrator "root" (type "su" and
> Enter, then enter the root password)
You shoulld really enter su - not su. su allows you to be root in the
user's environment. su - allows you to become root in root's
environment.

--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@sbcglobal.net>

Old 07-31-2010, 02:51 AM
James McKenzie

Chris Tyler wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 08:11 -0400, Philip Russell wrote:
>
>> Got rid of windows, Love Fedora 13, Just not familiar with it as much
>> yet
>>
>> Im getting a message "There are unfinished transactions remaining.
>> Please run yum-complete-transaction as root."

Another way to run this:

sudo yum-complete-transaction

If you are allowed to run this program, you will be prompted for a password.

If not, then use su - then enter root password....

James McKenzie