Old 01-18-2008, 01:58 AM
"Joe Tseng"

Default Detecting X at logon

I'd like to have some GUI apps start when I log on but only if I'm using
Xwindows. Is it possible I could have them called conditionally from
bash_profile?

Old 01-18-2008, 02:12 AM
max

Joe Tseng wrote:
I'd like to have some GUI apps start when I log on but only if I'm using
Xwindows. Is it possible I could have them called conditionally from
bash_profile?

I am not sure if this is what you mean or exactly what you want but go to:
System>Preferences>Personal>Sessions>

you can add programs to startup here, I assume they would only come up
with X windows running. Also under Session Options you can have the
computer remember what programs are running.

-Max